AIFST Networking Functions
As part of the 49th Annual AIFST Convention, AIFST hosted several networking functions for food industry professionals. See below for details of the functions that were held.
Social Function: Wine and Cheese Tasting Sensation
6.30pm – 11.30pm, Monday, 27 June 2016
The much loved Wine and Cheese Evening will be the star of the 2016 Convention as the new Wine and Cheese Tasting Sensation! This major social function gives guests the opportunity to experience a selection of cheeses and fine wine, while enjoying a full Queensland produce showcase. This event will not only satisfy your tastebuds, but give you the chance to network with delegates, industry representatives, FoodTech QLD exhibitors and Convention speakers.
Inaugural Young Professionals’ Breakfast – For Pre-registered Young Members only
8.00 – 9.30am, Tuesday, 28 June 2016
A must for the under-30 young professionals interested in getting ahead in their career, this breakfast will be chaired by Vaughan Gough, R&D Laboratory Manager at Flavour Creations and AIFST young professional member.
- Enjoy a buffet breakfast and listen to the panel discussion featuring:
- Jana Cameron, Path4Food – How to sell the industry, your product and yourself.
- Chris Downs, CSIRO – Science, business and leadership – the skills you need beyond formal qualifications to be successful in business.
- Andre Teixeira, CSIRO – Global career opportunities in food and how to set yourself apart.
- Georgie Aley, AIFST – Supporting young food industry professionals.
- Josh Hemelaar, Gelita – My FS&T career and the opportunity from my perspective.